Monday, September 22, 2008

A Denver ReCap...

So here it is...you know, for someone who aspires to being a writer AS WELL as a singer, I'm waaaaaaay too slack on my blogging/noting/chitterchatter updates.

The madness ends now.

Some of you may be aware I was slated to serenade the folks of the Democratic National Convention (DNC for those of you seeking simplicity in your lives) in Denver last month. And I did. End note.

Hahahahahahahahahahaha. Jokes.
*deep sighs*

I can safely say I have never witnessed as many police and swat officers in my life...next to Caribanna in Toronto of course...however, unlike our internationally renowned island festivities, the coppers in Denver were pretty friendly, regardless of their 30 to 1 ratios. And the city was buzzing, energy you could feel the second you entered the airport.

This was actually my second time in Denver (not counting my endless layovers at the Denver airport), and now I fear that every time I plan on returning, I may be let down due to a lack of excess millions of people. But the city itself is lovely, and well groomed...and none of this is relevant.

Back to the goods...
I was set to perform at the Denver Art Museum, which just-so-happened to be the very venue that one Ms. Jennifer Lopez/Anthony was hosting a little soiree of her own!!! I wasn't blessed enough to compare bootys with her magesty of great booty, but I DID catch a glimpse of a photo someone snapped with their camera phone of her walking up to the bathroom...and for those of you interested in such phenomenon, it was quite robust.

Needless to say, Obama couldn't find time in his little 'ol schedule to book it from the Pepsi Center and come witness my musical genius, as I was backed on guitar by Quetzal Guerrero and on percussion by Alberto Lopez, but we'll call it his loss and wish him ALL THE LUCK IN THE WORLD to whoop this country I find myself living in back into tiptop super shape! Because lets be honest...the man is cool, black, cultured, smart, black, cool, awesome, black, and the face of some SERIOUS, MUCH NEEDED CHANGE in the US of A...

So, with all this being said...I bid you good luck, Senator Obama, in your journey towards change and all things good, and it was an HONOUR to perform at an event that represented even a smidgen of an ounce of change for our future.

Chi Mikwetch (Big Thank-Yous) to everyone who was at the Native Nations Uniting for Change, I feel humbled to have been asked to join you...

No comments: